Accessible Learning Conference 2021: Transforming Access in COVID Times
When: December 2 and 3, 2021
Where: Virtual, asynchronousThe ongoing Covid-19 pandemic continues to change the landscape of higher education. In the last eighteen months, students, staff and faculty have continued learning and teaching with improvisational workarounds needed to create continuity and access in our learning spaces. These experiences can offer important lessons for designing greater access in our interactions, services, and courses so that more learners can achieve their goals. Submit a proposal for the 2021 conference now We invite you to join us in this conversation by submitting a proposal. We especially welcome presentation sessions from student perspectives on learning and working in higher education during Covid. We encourage students to consider building off of classwork or other presentations they’ve done around issues related to access. The following questions are meant as suggestive prompts for possible topics:
- What has your experience of access been during your time at MSU?
- What are effective examples of how access has worked in your teaching or learning?
- In imagining greater access and better design, what could be “even better if…”?
- What have you learned about your own learning that would be helpful for your peers, faculty, and MSU administrators to know about student experiences?
- What do you want others in the MSU community to know about your journey as a student?
SubmissionsWe’ve imagined several presentation formats: panel discussions, individual presentation of your teaching/learning experience during Covid, roundtable discussions, and virtual posters. You can specify your preferred format with your submission. If you’d like to propose a different format for the delivery of your presentation, please do so in your Google form submission. Sessions will be pre-recorded and asynchronous. The conference staff will assist with recording, captioning and posting your presentations.
Call For Proposal (CFP) Schedule and Deadlines
- CFP opens: October 13, 2021
- Brief proposals due: November 1, 2021
- Accepted speakers notified: November 3, 2021
- Session acceptance deadline: November 8, 2021
- Accessible presentation files due: November 19, 2021
- Conference date: December 2 and 3, 2021